The Spartans Drum and Bugle Corps announce today, October 11, 2018, the addition of Aaron Goldberg to the position of Brass Arranger. A native of Boston, Aaron Goldberg holds a Bachelor’s degree in Music Education from University of Massachusetts Lowell and a Master’s degree in Music Performance from Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutgers University. He currently directs the Boston University Marching Band, Pep Band, Big Band I, and Commencement Brass Ensemble, and oversees the Scarlet Band, Marching Percussion Ensemble, Winter Guard, and the nationally-recognized collegiate band fraternity & sorority chapters on campus (Kappa Kappa Psi and Tau Beta Sigma). He additionally teaches “Marching Band Pedagogy” in the Music Education Department.
Aaron was a cast member of the Tony and Emmy Award-winning Broadway show “Blast” on its 2005-2006 United States tour performing on euphonium, baritone, trombone, percussion, and voice. He has been involved in the drum & bugle corps activity for almost twenty years, starting as a performing member of the Crossmen Drum & Bugle Corps in 1998 and was later the featured baritone soloist in 2000 and 2001. He served on the Crossmen brass staff from 2002-2010 and has also taught the horn lines of the Blue Stars, Boston Crusaders, 7th Regiment, Connecticut Hurricanes, Jersey Surf, and Troopers Drum & Bugle Corps.
Aaron has composed original music for a variety of commercial sources and documentaries, and has arranged music for drum corps, high school and college marching bands, and he is the current winds arranger for the Boston University Athletic Bands.
We are pleased to announce the drum majors and guard captain for the 2019 season. Drum Majors for 2019- Emily Dawson, Matt Mackay and David Marshall Jr. Guard Captain- Casey Saitow. Emily and Matt are returning as Drum Majors from the 2018 season, while David will be a new leader as we expand to three drum majors. Casey has been with the guard at Spartans for many years and continues on as guard captain for this upcoming season. Thank you all for your time and dedication to the Spartans.
We are pleased to announce that plans are underway for the winter camp process here at Spartans. To become a member of the corps we ask that you please submit your name and information to us. CLICK THE BECOME A SPARTAN BUTTON. The dates of winter camps will be as follows (Locations TBD):
- Nov 16 17 18
- Dec 14 15 16
- January 6 (One day local practice) Musicians Only
- January 18 19 20
- February 15 16 17
- Spring dates to be announced later on
Guard will only meet on Sundays of the first three camp weekends. All others should be able to participate in music, dance and visual practice sessions the entire weekend.
Please remember, we do ask that anyone joining the corps have at least 2 years of experience in a performing organization.
More details on camps, locations etc will be announced in October.
Thank you!!!!! Lets go Spartans!!!!!
Join the 2018 Spartans as we take you into the workshop of one of the greatest minds in history. Join us as we dive into the creative genius of the scientist, the artist, and the inventor.
The Spartans are bringing Da Vinci’s brilliance to life. See his sketches turn into beautiful art, and his inventions become human flight.
The 2018 Spartans present: Da Vinci’s Workshop.
- Meet Leonardo: Original Music by Key Poulan, Matt McGuire, and Michael Moore
- The Vitruvian Man: Original Music by Key Poulan, Matt McGuire, and Michael Moore
- The Artist: Mona Lisa: Music by Claude Debussy, Arr. by Key Poulan and Matt McGuire
- The Workshop: Original Music by Matt McGuire and Michael Moore
- The Flying Machine: Sogno di Volare by Christopher Tin, Arr. by Key Poulan, Matt McGuire, and Michael Moore
The corps is now entering the spring season of learning music and drill. All weekends are in full practice mode. We want to thank the many parent volunteers who help make the corps move forward. Our first official performance of the season will be at our Family and Friends day on Saturday, June 30th Stellos Stadium Nashua. Details will be posted soon! Thanks again for being a part of the 2018 Spartans.
We’re hosting another carnival! Our last events last year were such a success that we’re doing it again!
Please come visit the Spartans Carnival. Get on some rides, play a few games, and help benefit The Spartans Drum & Bugle Corps.
Get out, have some fun and support the Spartans! The carnival runs through Sunday.
Nashua HS South
36 Riverside Street
Nashua, NH 03062
- Wed, Apr 25, 2pm—10pm
(Wristband shifts 2-6, 6-10)
- Thu, Apr 26, 2pm—10pm
(Wristband shifts 2-6, 6-10)
- Fri, Apr 27, 2pm—10pm
(Wristband shifts 2-6, 6-10)
- Sat, Apr 28, 12pm—10pm
(Wristband shifts 12-5, 5-10)
- Sun, Apr 29, 12pm—5pm
(Wristband shift 12-5)
- Fun for the whole family
- Rides for all ages
- Concessions & food
- Hot dogs provided by the Spartans
- Wristbands are only valid during the shift they are purchased
We have a number of one day practice sessions scheduled throughout March and April.
- Sunday, March 4 and March 18 9am to 4pm Nashua Boys and Girls Club. Brass and Percussion Only
- Sunday, April 8 and April 22 9am to 4pm Nashua Boys and Girls Club. Brass and Percussion only
- Saturday, April 21 GUARD RETURNS one day practice session. (Guard Only) 9AM to 6PM. Elm Street School Nashua This is a mandatory practice session for all guard members. Contracts, uniforms etc…
- April 27, 28 and 29 First Full outdoor weekend camp. FULL CORPS!! Starts Friday at 6PM and ends Sunday at 4PM. More details to follow.
The corps is actively seeking baritone players for the 2018 season. New brass players are welcome at all March and April practice sessions. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
February Brass and Percussion Camp Information:
- Camp starts with registration at 8:15AM on Saturday, February 17th
- Camp ends at 4PM on Sunday, February 18th. All meals provided. This is a music and visual camp weekend.
- Guard does not come back to the corps until April. Stay tuned for details.
- New members are welcome. We are still looking for trumpet and baritone players. Email email@example.com for more information
- Camp will take place at the Nashua Boys and Girls Club.
- If you have any school functions this weekend, please complete them and then join us when you can.
- Thank you!!!
We have launched a crowd sourced fundraiser to offset an unexpected expense of a new equipment trailer in 2018. After severe weather in the Northeast, the trailer has had leaking that has caused damage beyond a reasonable repair for the age of the truck. We are hoping our fans will be able to support us through this process. Donations over $100 will have their name listed on the truck as a supporter for the next generation of members to see.
For more information and an opportunity to donate go to: https://www.gofundme.com/SpartansTruck
Our next brass and percussion practice session will be held at the Nashua Boys and Girls Club from 9AM to 4PM on Sunday, January 28th. New members are welcome.
The corps is actively seeking trumpet and baritone players to fill out the line. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
February Camp will be held February 17 and 18. More details to follow.